Monday, January 08, 2007

movies and math

Okay, um, Gonzaga. It was really fun? I met some interesting new people; I hiked several miles over the course of the weekend across the campus. I got to hang out with some of my favorite people (aka Amanda, Brittany, Greg, Shea, Kristin etc). I got to watch the first episode of LOST on a bus on the way home on my new ipod, which scared the crap out of me because it had some creature on it akin to a veloci raptor, which remains something I am deathly afraid of. After that I thought it would be hard to sleep (complicated with other factors like people talking etc), but I pretty much fell asleep after only a few songs of Ocean Avenue (it is an unusual phenomenon that I can only sleep with very loud music when riding in a vehicle; soft music keeps me awake).

Math started today (differential equations and linear algebra 2). I was very tired (weirdly, becuase at one point yesterday I had been asleep for the past twenty out of twenty-four hours). I was struggling to keep my brain functioning. Then it got very interesting though. Dr. Parker was explaining how animated movies work. Rather than finding a function for a whole hand, say, and multiplying every point by a matrice for all of its rotations, they fit the hand on a four-point plane and use transformation matrices or something to describe all of its rotations.

Well, it's probably not interesting to you, but it was fascinating to me, and it kept me awake.

Now I have got to get myself to do my homework and practice. And rewrite my negative case. Communism didn't go over very well. :-(

No comments: