Skydiving was fun. I'll write more and post pictures later.
Right now I decided to investigate something really eerie that I have been noticing: the number of plane crashes in the past year or so. I have been noticing that there seem to be a ton of plane crashes recently, and every time I comment on it to someone, another plane crash appears in the paper the next day.
So here's the role:
ComAir Flight 5191, August 2006
Brazilian Boeing, September 2006
Private plane in NYC, October 2006
Nigerian plane, October 2006
Indonesian Boeing, December 2006
Great Falls Mercy Flight, February 2007
Bozeman medical plane, February 2007
Indonesian jetliner, March 2007
Russian plane, March 2007
Blue Angels crash, April 2007
Kenya crash, May 2007
Dillon Cessna, May 2007
Ohio midair crash, May 2007
Kalispell Skydive plane, May 2007
Malstrom Snowbird, May 2007
Peru civilian plane, May 2007
Canadian acrobatic plane, May 2007
Elkhorn private plane, May 2007
Medical Transplant plane, June 2007
California plane, June 2007
Those are just most of the local and significant global and national plane crashes that have occurred. Maybe I'm not right in this, but it seems like at least locally the number of planes that have crashed this year has been quite a bit higher than in previous years. I remember that about a month ago (slightly more), I told Pat I thought a lot of planes were crashing this year, and the the next day the Blue Angels crash was in the news, and then the Kenya crash, and then the skydiving crash here, and then the crash in the paper this morning.
It seems weird to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, considering the number of private, commercial, military, and other miscellaneous air traffic that occurs in a given day, the old mantra that you're more likely to die in a car crash than a plane crash still holds quite a bit of water. ;)
yes, i'm sure it does.
but i swear the percent of crashed planes (as a percent of total air traffic) is increasing.
have you thought that perhaps mostly the incidence of reporting plane crashes has increased? just because it isn't in the news doesn't mean it doesn't happen, and often if you're not looking for it or paying attention to it specifically, you don't see it. once you start, though, you notice it all the time.
yes, i thought about that. that's a possible cause as well. but it seems like the frequency of reporting local crashes should stay pretty consistent.
Post a Comment