I have to go to debate right now.
Small happenings: I'm going to remind my parents about the dietician. I feel myself sliding back, and I don't want to go back there.
School was really long today, and I realized I read the wrong sixty pages for English, so I have to read ninety pages tonight, and I am procrastinating.
I checked out one book about Taoism and one about Buddhism and almost one about Sartre/existentialism, but I made myself stop because I'm half way through an astrophysics book and really behind in English.
I made muffins for our debate Christmas party!!! And then I ate one. :-(
I have been searching blogger for blogs, and it amazes me how connected we all are. I feel like I'm a part of other people's lives when I read their blogs. It's like I don't know them at all, but I know them very well. I know I'm not alone. It makes me so curious when people's blogs end abruptly. I wonder where they are now, and who they are now, and where they are going, and if they are happy.
It makes me feel so... serene, serenely nostalgic. Maybe I really do believe in Buddhism. Maybe we are all part of some organism, and some part of me feels for people I don't even know.
I read on the internet/heard on the news about some Bulgarian medical people who are accused of deliberately infecting 500 children with AIDS. It made me think of V for Vendetta. It also made me wonder, a lot, about how to reconcile the organism that writes blogs with the organism that kills. How are we all the same?
But I think we are. The same that is. I really do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
we are, you know. The same. We have joys and fears and vices and loves and everything else. We're all the same. And we're all connected.
One of the most difficult realizations for people is that the things that make people [insert atrocity here] are also inside them. That they have the capacity to be as "bad" as everyone else.
What people too often fail to realize is that we all have the capacity to be as "good" as everyone else. It's all about what we choose to do with the opportunities that are thrown at us every second.
I look at the web of people that lead me to Matt and I *know* that we're all connected. The wings of a butterfly named Colin Ramsey did some very big things. But all one organism? I'll have to think more on that.
you gaia theorist you ;)
oooh, I forgot. Quote from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.
(And I may get the wording slightly off. Sorry.)
The actions that shape the world as it is today come not from people being fundamentally good or fundamentally bad, but from people being fundamentally people.
Post a Comment