Saturday, December 23, 2006

I WANT ALL OF THIS ANGER IN ME TO LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so angry at my mom. About everything, everything, everything.

She just called me a BITCH.

I AM SO ANGRY.

I want to cut my arm. I want to cut my heart out. I want to take all of the parts of me that care what she says, that are so angry, that hate and hate and hate, and make them die.

Nothing good is born out of anger. Everything bad is born out of hate. Everything good is born out of love.

I LOVE MY MOTHER!!!!!!!! I LOVE HER SO MUCH I WOULD DIE FOR HER, I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR HER, I WOULD DO ANYTHING SHE ASKED ME TO IF SHE REALLY, REALLY CARED, I CARE WHAT SHE THINKS, I WANT TO MAKE HER HAPPY...

I LOVE MY MOTHER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God... Take away this anger... make it go away... make it dissolve in all of the love I have in me... Please, God, let me not be angry anymore...

3 comments:

ariel said...

I can relate. I love you. I'm not sure what else to say. Life is really hard sometimes.

Anonymous said...

lindsay, good things can and are born out of anger. you've read everything i have to say about the importance and difficulty of anger (because it can go both ways. nothing is so simplistically "good" or "bad"... especially this emotion)--- and i would like to point out that you agreed with me. your anger with your mother is not only justified, it is right. if you were not angry with her for mistreating you, you would already have lost something pretty significant. that anger is only something "bad" when you use it against yourself. don't let her have that power over you.
being angry with someone does not mean you don't love them, and you are not responsible for your mother's happiness.

Anonymous said...

Your friends are right, Lindsay. Anger is a helpful emotion too. And I do think that it comes from love--you love yourself enough to be angry when someone mistreats you. That's pretty good, I think. Your anger is justified, and so is your hurt.

I know that doesn't make it any easier. Your mom was being really inappropriate and insensitive when she said that and it's not okay.

I noticed that in the past Christmas has been a really hard holiday for you. I am thinking about you this weekend and praying that this Christmas will not be so bad. I hope you will share what does happen with us, if that helps.