Thursday, December 08, 2005

interesting happenings in calculusland/chem

Today we were attempting to talk about improper integrals (for the millionth time) but were of course led astray into a random physics discussion. Mr. George was saying that if he always moved 50% of his distance to the wall towards the wall, he would never reach the wall, and that a ball should theoretically never stop bouncing but it does (although I think that one has mroe to do with gravity etc.) anyway, everyone was arguing about it and I said, "That doesn't work though because there will be a point when 50% of your distance to the wall is a fraction of your body's diameter, so you'd just smash into the wall."
"But for a massless particle for instance that wouldn't be true."
"But you're not a massless particle." Oh joy that was fun. You'd have had to be their obviously but it was really funny, as the way I said it implied that Mr. George was far from a massless particle.



Finally, Amanda was going on today about what Archimedes discovered, and that objects that are the same size but different masses displace different volumes of water, which sure didn't (and still doesn't) make any sort of sense to me.

Also, tomorrow I have to tell my counselor I've started self-injuring again which makes me a bit nervous, as I am really sick of Armaggedons.

Tomorrow, also, I make or totally screw up the kiss of my life.
(I'm so excited just to see his face...)
Man, what an attestment of hormones- sexually abused for years, and still boy crazy at sixteen. ;-)

1 comment:

Tmproff said...

The only way for there to "theoretically" be a massless particle is for it to be going at the speed of light...that's one fast ball. I wonder if gravity has any effect on a massless object? Also if a particle doesn't have any mass, wouldn't it pass right THROUGH the wall?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3811785.stm

Beam me up Scotty anyone?

Good luck on the kiss...run your fingernails up his neck when you do it and watch him pass out on the floor :P