Friday, March 24, 2006

I try to live my life, no regrets, no wishes, but I sure do wish I could have friendships like the girls in The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants. Somehow I'm not capable of it. Somehow I can't connect. There is no balance. I throw myself in, or I keep myself out. I can't trust I can't love I can't help I can't hurt I can't do anything.

Josh emailed me and told me he wished I would start communicating with him how I feel.

I don't know how!

I went and I drank some wine. Some wine and then some chocolate milk.

And the whole time I kept telling myself, you can't do this. You can't take out your problems with alcohol and food.

But I did it anyway.

1 comment:

view_from_the_fishbowl said...

relax is good advice... but there is also this; maybe the only real reason you feel you can't have a great, mutual friendship with someone is because you already accept categorically that you are incapable of it. i would argue that you are not. learning how to have those friendships takes time, and some failures. but you can.